[Heard in 22, rue de bragance at 0830am]
– Eights? I hate eights. They’re short, round and fat. Now ones are nice… and sevens. They’re real and smart. Fives too.
– Yeah. But fives are round too – didn’t you say you don’t like them when they are round?
– Sure. But five is wearing a hat. It’s respectful about its roundness.
– And twos? What about twos?
-They’re ok. They’re so respectful they’re down on their knees.
– Ok. Then. But you can’t possibly think that threes are not nice.
-Oh no. Three is cool. Never diss a three…. three is mystical. You can’t dislike three. Can’t go around toying with luck like that.
– Right. And nine, and six are multiples of three so I guess they’re cool?
– Naah, six is just plain ugly – beer-belly and all… and nine is the same only the other way round.
– Of course. Should have seen that coming. And four. What about four?
– Four. It’s neither here nor there. Not too round to be disliked but lacks the personality of ones. Ones and sevens. They rule.
– Right. Looks like it’s another grey morning outside. Rain and cold.
– Yeah. So much for July sun.